We the owners of Brookdale House and contracts accepted are between you (the person making the booking) and the Owner of the property whose names and contact details are shown on the booking confirmation. Reservations are accepted by us the Owners with the following Booking Conditions which supersedes and extinguish all previous promises, representations, and undertakings.
1. You, as the person making the booking, must be at least 18 years old at the time of booking and will be responsible for the property and its contents. You will be responsible for ensuring that members of your party observe all aspects of the Booking Conditions and leave the property in a clean and tidy condition and returning the key to the person or place where it was obtained.
2. We can only discuss your booking (including any changes) with you – we cannot discuss your booking with another member of your party unless you give express consent in writing for us to do so.
3. Your booking must be for holiday purposes only. The property must not be used for gatherings, parties, events, or business purposes without the written permission of the Owner.
4. In the case of bookings for more than one week a change of bed linen and towels will be provide but there will not be any cleaning undertaken for each successive week.
5. Any advertising and verbal representations relating to the property are made in good faith and agree with the Owner, neither they nor any oral representations made by us form part of the contract. No warranty or representation is given as a state of any property.
6. The owner has the right to change any décor, furnishings or fabrics shown on the photographs on the website and any advertising. It is up to you to check and have confirmed in writing that the property meets any specific requirements that you might have before making the booking.
7. You must inform us in writing at the time of the booking, if anyone in the party is dependent upon a wheelchair or otherwise disabled, to ensure the suitability of the accommodation.
8. We reserve the right to alter prices in publicity material on the website due to errors or omissions.
9. If you contact us by telephone or email we may offer you a provisional booking. We will let you know how long we can hold the dates for and if payment is not received within the period agreed the dates will be released.
10. If the booking is made more than eight weeks in advance a £100 deposit is required to secure the reservation (unless agreed otherwise).
11. You must pay the balance (including extras) 8 weeks before the holiday is due to commence unless it is clear that Government COVID-19 restrictions will be enforced when your holiday is due to start. A payment reminder will be sent via email, however if the final amount is not paid by the due date the holiday will be deemed cancelled, any monies paid will be forfeit and you will remain liable for the full amount of the final payment. Immediate attempts will be made to re-let the property for the period concerned. In the event of a re-letting, repayment will be made less any difference of the rental received and reasonable costs incurred.
12. When we take your booking and we have received the required deposit to secure the booking, a legally binding contract exists between us that is non-cancellable and non-refundable, except in exceptional circumstances. You may remain liable to pay in full or in part for the booking, even if you are unable to take your holiday. Even where you have not paid in full at the time of cancellation, you will remain liable for the full cost.
13. If you need to cancel please contact us immediately so that we can attempt to re-let all or part of the period booked and minimise your loss. You should take out cancellation insurance to protect you against possible loss. If we relet the accommodation, we will refund your monies less a £50 administration fee.
14. We will allow you to cancel your booking up 8 weeks before your booking; the cancellation should be by email. We will acknowledge receipt of your cancellation by return. Please do not consider your booking cancelled until you receive our confirmation. If you do not cancel, but if you fail to arrive for your stay with us, you agree that no refund is due.
15. You can transfer your boking to a new date provided this is requested no less than 90 days before the holiday start date. If you change your booking a £25 administration fee will be charged to cover costs we incur, plus any additional rent, at the rate set on the website. If you have paid in full and your accommodation costs are lower because of the change, we will refund you the difference, after deducting the administration fee. No administration fee will be charged to transfer bookings cancel due to COVID-19.
16. We would only cancel your booking if our accommodation were unavailable for reasons beyond our control. We would attempt to find you alternative accommodation & would refund all monies paid by you. Our liability would not extend beyond this refund.
17. It is your sole responsibility that no more than 6 persons occupy the property during your booking.
18. The owner reserves the right to refuse admittance or to require you to ensure that some people leave the property if they believe you are in breach of this obligation.
19. We do not accept any liability for any damage, loss, or injury to any member of your party or any vehicles or possessions, unless proven to be caused by a negligent act by ourselves.
20. Please take care with our accommodation. You are responsible & liable for any breakages or damages which you cause to the accommodation or its contents. Please report these as soon as they occur. We do not normally charge for minor breakages, but we may charge you for repair or making good if the damage or breakage is significant.
21. Brookdale House is a non-smoking and non-vamping establishment. The front and rear garden is available for guests to use. Guests who ignore this policy will be charged an additional cost to allow the room to air.
22. Please do not use candles, fireworks, or Chinese lanterns (or other lights or illuminations which have a naked flame) at the property.
23. You and your party must not cut any trees for firewood, nor light any fires on the grounds, nor use a fire pit unless the Owner has provided one. You must only use the BBQ provided.
24. We welcome up to 2 dogs that are well trained but please note there a specific booking condition.
25. Do not forget to put them on the booking form.
26. Pets must be kept under control. Exercised off the premises and never left alone at the property.
27. Pets must be kept off the furniture and are not allowed upstairs and, in the bedrooms, and must stay on the ground floor. And owners must use they are on throws to protect soft furnishings for future guests. Please use suitable bedding and towels for them.
28. Pets must not mess in the gardens and all accidents must be cleaned up.
29. Pets must be up to date with flea and worm treatment.
30. You must clear any pet hairs from floors and furniture.
31. When you decide to bring your dog on holiday you should be aware that dogs are banned from some beaches in the summer.
32. There is an additional charge of £30.00 per pet for their stay. There is no charge for assistance dogs.
33. Agreement in writing must be obtained for other species of animals.
Unless otherwise agreed with the Owner the property will not be available before 16.00 on the first day of your booking. Departure on your last day is by 10.00 am. You will be liable for any costs incurred through any delay in departure. If you require an early check in, please contact the owner.
Only the persons named on the Booking Form will be allowed to occupy the property. The number of people occupying the property should be no more than 6 excluding babies in cots. This is to comply with regulatory requirements, insurance, as well as the property being furnished and equipped for the number of specified. You must not bring additional camp beds or allow the use of tents, caravans, and campervans at the property without agreement with the Owner. Daytime visitors maybe permitted by prior agreement with the Owner, however they must not stay overnight. The Owner reserves the right to require you to leave the premises (without any compensation or refund) if you exceed maximum occupancy limits.
Rented electric vehicle charging through the standard 13A sockets in the property are not permitted.
Where a telephone is available for use at the property you agree to pay for all call charges incurred during your stay. You will not be charged for using the Wi-Fi.
You agree to indemnify the Owner against all loss and damage arising (including more than normally and reasonably anticipated amounts of cleaning) directly or indirectly to the property and its contents from any deliberate or negligent act or omission by yourself, or any person or animal accompany you, and, without limitation of the foregoing to pay the Owner forthwith upon written demand their costs in making good any such loss and damage and cleaning.
All the members of the party accept that the house and any amenities provided are used at their own risk and no responsibility can be accepted for any injuries or inconvenience to persons or loss or damage to any belongings or person who use them except were caused by the negligence of The Owner.
We will not be liable for any act, neglect, or default on the part of The Owner or any other person, nor for any accident, damage, loss injury, expense, or inconvenience whether to person or property which you or any member of your party may suffer arising out of or in connection with the holiday or resulting from any other cause whatsoever, including any activities as may be publicised on this website or elsewhere. Save insofar as death or personal injury to yourself or any member of your party resulting from our negligence. English law and jurisdiction to apply.
If the property should not be available due to fire, storm or flood or other reason out of control of The Owner or for any reason they are unable to comply with this agreement, we will refund the full amount of monies paid on behalf of The Owner and our joint liability is limited to the refunding of such monies.
We strive to ensure that the property meets our high standards. If there is cause for complain, you must take this up with The Owner or their representative within 36 to give them an opportunity to resolve the situation. If after contacting The Owner or their representative you are still not satisfied, please telephone us and we will take reasonable steps to put the matter right. In the event that disputes cannot be resolved we reserve the right to refer the matter to the relevant local Tourist Board representative whose decision will be final and binding.
Under no circumstances can compensation be agreed or paid for complaints made after the tenancy has ended. All complaints made during the holiday must be confirmed in writing to us with 7 days of the last day of the holiday. We will work with you to ensure that any complaints are investigated and resolved as promptly and efficiently as possible.
The owner or their representative many need to access the property if there is an unforeseen problem or to investigate a complaint you have made. If this happens, The Owner will do their best to agree in advance a convenient date and time unless in the event of an emergency.