We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected.
This Policy defines how we use and protect Data collected by us in relation to your use of the Web Site and any Service or Systems provided therein.
- At all-time your data will be held securely and protected under UK data protection legislation.
- Data is collected and stored in compliance with EU General Data Protection Regulation GDPR and unless we are obliged by law to do so, your data will not be shared by a third party.
- We collect only such Data as is necessary to provide you with the best possible service.
- If you contact us, we will collect your name and contact details including your postal address, email address and contact telephone number.
- If you subscribe to our mailing list, we will collect your name and email address – you can unsubscribe at any time.
- If you make a booking with us, we will collect Data necessary to confirm your booking, including number, name, and age of all guests. We may contact you following your stay, including newsletters via Mailchimp from which you can unsubscribe at any time.
- If necessary, we will share your name, contact details and length of stay with the NHS Track and Trace service.
Our business ethic & environmental policy
We believe that our key impacts on the environment are energy use, waste management and emissions to air. Living in such a beautiful county as Cornwall we are aware of the environmental impact we have on the planet. With this policy we attempt to minimise the impact of tourism on our natural and social environments.
We comply with and keep up to date with all legislation and regulatory obligations and duties of care covering our operation.
We are committed to ensuring you enjoy your stay & that you leave us wanting to return. We both believe that the highest level of customer service, a friendly reception & high-quality product are the very least that our guests deserve. We aim to ensure our products are from sustainable sources and can be recycled at the end of their life.
We are keen to support the local community & want to help preserve the environment. We always use local products wherever possible and use refillable products where possible. We want to support the local economy & we see little environmental benefit in buying organic products that has incurred high transport mileage. We are replacing plastic bin liners with compostable alternatives where this is practicable and sensible.
We hope you might take some comfort from knowing that we do all we can to minimise the environmental impact of your visit:
- Where possible we support local suppliers & help the environment by reducing transit emissions and walk to the shops where possible to minimize emissions, whilst providing you with the highest quality products.
- Where we do use imported produce, we opt for Fair Trade brands where available.
- Our Cornish Welcome basket are all locally produced products.
- Where hygiene standards allow, all cleaning and washing products are ecologically sound & are not based on petrol chemical materials.
- We are careful about the products we buy to run our business. We aim to reduce the amount of inherent waste we buy (packing etc.), re-use what we can & recycle as much as possible, such plastic, paper, cardboard, glass, and green waste.
- Some of our electricity comes from renewable sources. All rooms have energy saving blubs. Please make sure that the TV is turned off at the plug when not in use. All our fridges, dishwashers and central heating/water boiler are energy efficient. Our EPC is shown below and can be downloaded using the link – EPC Energy Performance Certificate.
- Rainwater is used to water the gardens.
- Food waste is composted.
Brookdale House is within walking distance of Wadebridge town centre and our local bus stop.
Please recycle as much as possible using the recycle bins provided.